Fort Sherman Chapel

on November 5, 2006

Built in 1880 as part of Fort Coeur d’Alene, the Fort Sherman Chapel served as the first church, school and library in Coeur d’Alene (pop. 34,514). Now owned by the Museum of North Idaho, the clapboard chapel still is used as a house of worship and a wedding venue. Established in 1877, Fort Coeur d’Alene was renamed Fort Sherman in 1887.

Found in: Trivia