Quick and healthy dish is great for folks watching their sodium intake
“This is a flavorful dish that is low in sodium and very healthy! It is especially geared for people watching their sodium intake.”
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
4 to 6 thin pork chops
(breakfast pork chops)
1/4 cup honey
1. Mix spices in medium bowl. Add oil and stir to blend.
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Rinse pork chops and pat dry with paper towels. Place 1 pork chop in bowl and toss until evenly coated with spices. Set aside. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
4. Place pork chops on a broiler pan or wire rack set over a baking sheet, leaving space between. Broil 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Brush with honey and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Flip chops and brush honey on other side; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before cutting.
Serves 4 to 6
—Submitted by Bonnie VonBergen, Antioch, Ill.
Nutritional facts per serving: 260 calories, 9g fat, 74mg cholesterol, 26g protein, 19g carbohydrates, 18g sugars, 1g fiber, 172mg sodium