4 large yellow potatoes
1 small bunch of Swiss chard
1/2 cup roughly chopped white onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/3 cup light olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cut potatoes (skin on) into 1 1/2- to 2-inch chunks. Add to boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain well.
3. Tear Swiss chard (including stems) into large pieces. Place in boiling water 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well.
4. Combine potatoes, Swiss chard and onion in a large bowl.
5. Combine garlic, vinegar, oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Whisk well. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss. Add salt and toss again. Refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe submitted by Patricia Conte, Phoenix, Ariz.
Nutritional facts per serving: 226 calories, 14g fat, 0mg chol., 3g protein, 24g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 480mg sodium