4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup applesauce
6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tins (6 to 8 muffin cups) or line with paper liners.
2. Combine butter, egg, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and in a second bowl. Add fruit and nuts.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove immediately from muffin tins and place on a wire rack.
Makes 6 to 8
Recipe submitted by Teresa Agrillo, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Per serving: 320 calories, 13g fat, 55mg cholesterol, 7 protein, 46g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 270mg sodium