Here are some tips for getting the best flavor from spring salads:
- Use a good homemade salad dressing (see recipes).
- Dress the salad in moderation—don’t drown the greens.
- Use greens that have some flavor, such as arugula, spring mix, frisée, spinach, radicchio, mâche, watercress and endive.
- Consider contrasts in your salad—sweet dried cranberries or raisins with sharp feta cheese or rich walnuts with bright crisp radishes or carrots.
- Toss the salad so that all the ingredients get coated with the dressing.