Memorial Day Celebrations signal the beginning of grilling season and the unofficial start of summer. This fresh menu features lemony chicken breasts, sweet corn on the cob, flavorful Asian noodles and savory asparagus. Follow our simple checklist for these recipes, and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your own cookout.
The Day Before:
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator.
- Make Sesame Noodles with Shredded Vegetables.
The Morning of the Cookout:
- Prepare basting sauce for chicken. Set aside.
- Trim asparagus. Wrap prosciutto or country ham around spears to form bundles. Refrigerate until time to grill.
- Make Strawberry Pie (and hide in the back of your refrigerator to keep eager tasters away).
1 to 2 Hours Before Grilling Time:
- Prepare flavored butter for corn.
- Remove silks from ears of corn, replace husks, and place in a large bowl of water to soak.
- Prepare grill.
- Grill chicken (20 to 25 minutes). Tent with foil and set aside.
- Grill corn (25 minutes).
- Grill asparagus (5 minutes).