Lamb chops are elegant and easy to prepare. Frenched lamb chops have a few inches of bone exposed at one end. Sometimes called “lollipop chops,” they’re perfect for picking up with your fingers.
8 (5-ounce) loin lamb chops, about 1 inch thick,
or 1 lamb rack, Frenched (8 chops each)
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Place chops in a shallow nonreactive pan or zip-top plastic bag.
2. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over chops. Refrigerate
2 to 4 hours, turning the meat at least once.
3. Remove chops from refrigerator and drain marinade into a saucepan. Boil marinade vigorously over high heat for several minutes.
4. Heat grill.
5. Place chops on grill grate and cook, uncovered, over high heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Move chops to medium heat, turning them again, and continue grilling about 1 minute per side for medium-rare. Rotate a half turn each time for crisscross grill marks.
6. Serve chops with the reduced marinade sauce drizzled over the top.
Nutritional facts per serving (using half the marinade): 580 calories, 28g fat, 200mg cholesterol,
64g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 480mg sodium