GEORGIA- Rincon (population 8,836) In 1733 a church community of Augsburg, Germany left Rotterdam, Holland in search of religious freedom. Arriving in Savannah, March 1734, they were directed 20 miles north/west up the Savannah River. Here they started their community called Ebenezer. In 1769 the community completed construction of their church which still stands. It is the oldest church building in Georgia and sometimes referred to as the oldest public building in Georgia. Now known as Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Church it is the oldest continuing Lutheran congregation in America still worshiping in the very same building every Sunday. Museum and church tours are located at 2980 Ebenezer Road, Highway 275 .