Every bride should feel as though she’s the most beautiful woman in the world on her wedding day, from her head to her toes. While the bride’s gown is an essential element to her look, her wedding hairstyle is equally important. It doesn’t matter if your hair is long, short, curly, straight, super thin or thick. Every bride can have perfect hair on her wedding day. Consider one of these six simple styles.
1. Sleek pony. The sleek pony, worn by celebrities like Beyoncé, Emma Roberts and Diana Agron is simple, elegant and beautiful on a bride. With a sleek pony, your long to medium-length hair shines and looks perfect pulled back from your face, allowing your features to take center stage on your special day. A traditional veil fits easily over a sleek pony, or a jeweled accessory can be added to the pony’s knot.
2. Cascading curls. Long hair, either curly or straight, can be styled into romantic cascading curls for ethereal wedding hairstyles. Opt for curls that fall in loose waves, rippling as you glide down the aisle to meet your groom. This style can be accented by a headband veil or by an ornamental hairpiece. This pairs nicely with an off-the-shoulder or strapless dress.
3. Half updo. The half updo is a versatile wedding hairstyle that works best with hair that falls to shoulder length or longer. Whether your hair is straight, wavy or curly, your bridal hair can be twisted into a half updo and accented with ornamental hairpins or combs. This style can be worn with a side-swept bang for a romantic look. Half updo styles can include braids as well or be styled loosely for a softer look.
4. Chignon. A chignon is a high updo. The chignon is a classic wedding hairstyle, worn by the brides of yesterday and today. To wear a chignon, you need shoulder-length or longer hair, although adding hair extensions can help shorter hair be transformed into this style. A chignon is typically bun-shaped, but it is more elegant and intricate than a simple bun and a beautiful way to showcase an antique hairpin.
5. French twist. Another classic style, the French twist requires the same hair length as the chignon. A French twist begins as a pony, but then the hair is twisted, lifted and then wrapped with hair from one side of the head. After the ends are tucked into the twist, it is secured with bobby pins. It is an ideal wedding hairstyle if you want to wear a beautiful jeweled accessory or even flowers tucked into the twist.
6. Accessorized. Any hair length, texture or style can be accessorized. Fresh or silk flowers, jeweled hairpins, intricate hair combs, feathers and sparkling headbands can adorn your wedding hairstyle, giving you a unique bridal look. Complement your bridal gown with your hair accessory. What’s the ultimate hair accessory? Why, the tiara of course!