These wickedly wonderful honey mustard chicken strips will be a hit with the kids before they embark on their trick-or-treating adventures.
Bonus: Check out these Halloween water bottles so your child can stay hydrated—they glow in the dark to avoid being lost in the abyss of a full candy bag!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup thinly sliced almonds
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on the prepared pan.
- Whisk together the honey and mustard. Set aside 2 teaspoons of the mixture for the dip. Brush the remaining mixture all over the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, ketchup and reserved honey mustard mixture.
- Use a small amount of the dip to “glue” the almond fingernails to the chicken strips. Serve the chicken with the dip on the side for dunking.